Stainless steel, carbon steel, PTFE coated
Stainless steel blades are highly corrosion-resistant and may be used over a longer period. Carbon steel is harder and holds its edge better.
Double edge blades are thinner (0.1mm) and have a more acute cutting angle, when compared with single edge blades. This generally makes them sharper, but less durable than the thicker (0.2286mm or 0.009" single edge blades. A PTFE coating reduces friction and so makes cutting easier and allows very thin sections to slide on the blade without folding up. It appears that all double edged blades now have a very thin PTFE coating; only a thicker coating is mentioned in the short item descriptions.
Scientific blades are made from a top grade carbon steel and given a superior finish.
Injector blades are supplied in packets of 5 dispensers with 20 blades each. Injector blade size is 38 x 8 x 0.25mm.
L057C-500 is a box of 500, not a dispenser.
L055C-DISP is a handy plastic dispenser box of 100 blades. Push down on blue tab and a new blade pops up. Store used blades in rear slot for safe disposal.
Blade dimensions: length 38.9mm, cutting edge length 38.8mm, width 19.9mm, thickness: 0.229mm.
Fore safe trimming with a razor blade
Holds all types of blades. It gives a better hold on the blade while trimming blocks. The blade slides sideways in the holder allowing use of the entire edge. Protects fingers. Use double-edged blades and break these, still wrapped, along the long axis.
Swann-Morton, made in Sheffield, England.
- Unsurpassed sharpness
- Superior feel
- Exceptional durability and quality
- Individually foil wrapped and gamma-ray sterilised
- Blades conform to Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC
- Blades conform to Product Standards BS EN 27740:1992 / ISO 7740:1985
Other profiles are available in box quantities.
Inquire for a quotation on larger quantities.
Profiles 10, 11 and 12 suit number 3 and 5 scalpel handles.
Profiles 22, 23, 24 and 25 suit number 4 scalpel handles.
Profiles 10 and 11 suit retractable blade scalpel handle.
- Carbon steel blades made of Swiss steel, grade 125Cr1
- Individually packed in easy-peel, colour-coded foil and boxes
- Sterilised by gamma radiation
- Blades conform to BS 2982 and Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC
- Blades conform to ISO 7740
Surgical blades made of stainless steel. Each blade is protected by VCI paper in a peel-open foil sachet. It is sterilised by gamma radiation of 2.5 M Rads.
Designed for safe and easy removal/disposal of used disposable blades from any size or type of scalpel handle. It improves safety and hygiene by eliminating direct hand-blade contact. Depending on scalpel's size, it holds 150-300 used blades.
Puncture and leak resistant medical waste containers.
- Temporary closure ensures safety when the container is in use
- Permanent closure for safe transportation. Instructions are on the cap
- The opening is designed for the safe removal of syringes and blades
- UN certified, specification 3H2/Y1,2/S/12/P.